Re: [RC] [RC] Was I'd like y'alls opinions now Catoosa - Susan Young Casey

Hi all!

Kat was a junior rider back in the day and is a major reason why OK has recovered from Catoosa.  She still rides today and is a great role model.

We camped behind Don Bolton's place.  Bill McAnally is the idiot in charge of that tradegy.  THEY gave OK as big of a black eye as anything...bunch of red-neck...<grumble, shuffle, mumble>!Visit Smiley Central!

There is still a ride at Lake Oolagah the first Saturday in October.  As a matter of fact, a bunch of us are meeting there around 10:00 this Saturday for a fun time of riding and visiting.  We'll have food too but I'm going to be good.  I've decided to visit other's weight divisions now!  (On the bright side, the only way I can go is down!)

<katmoss@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

I do remember that my mother and another central region member stayed just outside of their camp the night before and tried to get people leave. The were run off with a shotgun, literally. We did do the ride over at Oologah the next day. We actually camped in the field behind a motel that one of the AERC members either owned or ran (can't remember which).

I do think it gave "endurance" a black eye but it also gave Oklahoma a black eye. It has taken a lot of hard work to try to change the image that most people had because of it. We are constantly trying to change the way people think and act, that aren't AERC people, and we have gotten through to a lot of people.

Susan Young Casey, Princess of Pink; secretary, RRRSA
Semper Obliquo (Always aside)

Glenndale Grace Farm, Ft Gibson, Oklahoma U.S.A.

"Ride on! Rough-shod if need be, smooth-shod if that will do, but ride on! Ride on over all obstacles, and win the race!" - Charles Dickens (1812-1870)

Do you Yahoo!?