Re: [RC] Necropsy - Dbeverly4

In a message dated 8/26/2003 6:45:42 PM Pacific Standard Time, rackinfool@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

To further expound on Trumans thoughs, How expensive are necropsy's?

I had a necropsy performed on my horse, Harca, last October when he was euthanized due to seizures that we couldn't find a way to control.  The cost of the necropsy was $150.  I'm so thankful that I was able to KNOW what caused this wonderful horse's death.  He had a type of brain tumor called Cholesterol Granuloma and I would never have known without spending the $150.  This type of tumor usually doesn't show up in a CT scan or through x-ray so the diagnostics that we did prior to euthanizing him showed absolutely nothing.  The spinal tap did show some "abnormal cells" though and the guess was either melanoma or cholesterol granuloma.

Anyway, that's what a necropsy costs here in California.

Sylvia