[RC] Subject: [RC]?? Was..when horses die...now aneurysm - Deblyons54

From: Mateef@xxxxxxx
Subject: [RC]?? Was..when horses die...now aneurysm

I lost my endurance horse at home 2 years ago to an aneurysm. I watched him
galloping in the pasture and drop. Just how common is this?? I had never heard
of it happening with horses before this.? And to anyone who has experienced
this, did you notice any symptoms (in hindsight, of course) prior to your
horse's death.
Just wondering.
Sallie in NE Ohio? AERC #15099

One of my best endurance mounts had one. I had rescued him as a skinny, wormy two year old. He was a super endurance mount, won several 50 milers at age 7 and started to condition for national and 100 mile rides. He developed an aneurysm at 8 from the parasite damage when he was young. It broke my heart. Several of his siblings suffered the same fate. The breeder had too many horses in a crowded area and didn't want the expense of worming regularly. Debbie