[RC] Old Mac Boots - Stephanie_D_Adair

I can't wait to get the film developed!  Just used my Old Mac boots for the
3rd time, Doc got some looks with his socks and sneakers!  Anyway, here's
the story: used the boots the first time for a short ride at a walk.  2nd
ride about 6 miles with a few stretches of trotting and when I took the
boots off he had a rub at the same spot on the back of every pastern.  I
was then told they will stop rubbing once they are broke in.  So we camped
this weekend, very rocky and a little hilly.  Did I tell you it's hot in
Texas?  I pulled tube socks up to his fetlocks, strapped on the boots, and
we did about 10 miles w/ a lot of trotting thrown in.  No more rubs!  I
must admit I was a little concerned that I had just wasted my hard earned
money on some boots that I would use maybe 4 times per year.  But I don't
always have the $75 bucks for a set of shoes just to ride one weekend in a
rocky area!  So let's just say I'm a happy woman.  Doc, too (happy man,
that is).  He was really kind of funny.  We finished tacking up and headed
towards the trail.  He's kind of dejected, like, "aw, gosh, I've been HERE
before, this sucks!"  We get on trail and he instantly gets over on the
shoulder to avoid the rocks and scraping me thru the tree limbs.  I have to
boot him into the middle of the trail, he takes a couple little steps, then
his ears pop forward, his head comes up, WOW!  When I asked him for a trot
he did one of those Ayrab head sling, toss out a foreleg, and body twists,
and moves into a big trot.  He loves his boots, too!

I must add that when trotting down trails w/ pea gravel, we sound like a
4-wheeler without the motor.  The tread on the boots had that pea gravel
slinging into the dead leaves at the edge of the trail, even pinging Doc in
the belly and me on the bottom of my shoes!  Guess that will help prevent
people getting too close to the red ribbon in his tail ;-)

Steph-"Coming thru!"
Doc -"Yeah, I'm happy, but if she paints that Nike "swoosh" on the side of
my boots, that's it!"