RE: [RC] helmets: a comparison - Libby & Quentin Llop

 I just started carrying Tipperary helmets in my shop. Yesterday I had my first crash in my Tipperary. Never mind what I tried to jump with my Arab, the Tipperary stayed where it was supposed to be and did what it was supposed to do. Over the years I have sold (and used) Lexingtons, Internationals and Dublins. I never sold Trowels because I didn't like the fit. The Tipperary really hugs the head. It is the same weight (14 oz) as the international Air-lite and an ounce lighter than the International Pro-lite. I have seen my husband kicked in the temple in an International Pro-lite and catapulted headfirst into a wall in a Dublin Micro- lite. In both cases he was fine and the helmets were trashed. I wear my hair in a braid in back and the only helmets that don't have a tendency to slide forward over my eyes because of it are the Tipperary and the International Equi-Lite. For now, when I'm foxhunting or jumping etc. I'll wear the Tipperary, but for rides I'll take the Equi-lite. It is 3 oz. lighter and much cooler. The bad news about the Tipperary is that the large barely fits 71/4, so the guys will have to wait for them to come out with the extra-large, which they haven't done yet but plan to.  Libby Llop