Re: [RC] Education - Heidi Smith

>And what did I do? Nothing? You don't know that.

Melanie, I know you did quite a bit.  That is clear from the protest report.  And no one here (certainly not I) have suggested otherwise.  And you are to be commended.  But hopefully you've also learned what more to do.

>Now...you tell me what more you would have done.

No, I'm suggesting what more YOU might have learned--if you should be so unfortunate to be in the same circumstances.

>I am not going to stop being angry about horses dying, and I'm not going to shut up about it. If you don't like reading my posts feel free to delete. I realize bad things happen to good people and good horses, but this protest was not about one of those people.

No one said it was.  But just think about how anger consumes YOU and does nothing for the horse.  Feel angry initially--but channel it so that it has a purpose.  Emoting only serves to raise your own blood pressure--constructive and conscious planning as to what to do if there is a next time is far more useful to the memory of the victim.

Heidi