[RC] Gunnison Lost Miner ride -THANKS Lynn and Mark - Teresa Van Hove

I want to thank Lynn and Mark, and a great group of volunteers and
vets for putting on a great ride at Gunnison last saturday. The
terrain was really neat - the ride starts out going thru sagebrush
hills and climbs up to aspen at the away vet check spot, a short
loop up there before the check; then down to basecamp by a different
route which wound thru trees alongside a creek for a few miles and
had a few crossings -more water experience for Shade<g>.  The 25 was
plenty of challenge for Shade but she finished with plenty of perk
left at the end and was moving fine, even after throwing one front
shoe. She did get a bit of fill in her legs, but nothing major.

I've got my usual terrible memory for placings -- Lynn Collins won
the 50 and was BC and Sharon Dumas was 2nd BC score on the 50- I'm
pretty sure thats correct. Crockett was pulled.  I think there was
around 27 of 33 completing on the 50 and 32 of 33 on the 25.   I was
in the back 3rd on the 25 (just far enough back to get a coffee mug
as they were calling up completions starting with the tail enders;
and they only
had a few coffee mugs left for 25 mile completions -the faster 25
miler finishers had to settle for the alternate completion award of
an oral dosing syringe.  Lynn Salisbury rode with me -she'd been
concerned was Sedaar ready for a hilly 25 but he finished in good
shape.  Hardly any fill in his legs and only a bit of back soreness
as any issue at all.

Thanks Lynn and Mark,

Teresa and Shade and Grey Moun (who really enjoyed seeing the first
bit of the ride when I rode out and back a few miles on sunday)