[RC] whacking and smacking - Tiffany D'Virgilio

Title: whacking and smacking
on 8/19/03 6:53 AM, Ridecamp Moderator at ridecamp-moderator@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> .The world is full of
> unrideable horses,owned by neurotic clinic junkies that haven't the moral
> courage to WHACK 'EM

I'm not adverse to using a crop, but I still can't see the sense in hitting a horse on the head with a  piece of lumber.
There is a big difference there. I have given my toddler a wallop on the butt for walking into the street while ignoring me, but I'd never slap or hit either of my kids on the face.
I think that is where many of us draw the line. A good whack on the butt with a crop when really needed is one thing and I think many people wouldn't have a problem with that.
Tiffany