[RC] Shore to Shore ~ Finally DONE! (eg) - FancyNite

First I want to tell EVERYONE that wished us luck, and kept their fingers crossed ~ “THANK YOU TONS."

This was the FIRST multiday of this magnitude we were going to try, so the confidence building and well wishes were very much appreciated!  This ride just PROVES that team work does exist and can overcome darn near anything!

It wasn't always easy, that's for sure.  Some days were better than others.  With the amount of horses they had, they had to take away the 50s 3rd Vet Check Mon. - Thurs. (there just wasn't room for all the rigs/crews/horses at some spots).  Yes, this made it a little rough, but we endured as a TEAM!   I will also ad, that if your riding as a TEAM/GROUP, don't plan on leaving ANYWHERE on time!!!!!! (lol)

Monday started without any hitches (well, that I remember, but I will be honest, it is all becoming a big blur! EG).. We took a TOUGH little junior along for the ride on Monday.  Maggie (our NEW endurance rider!), is 12 years old and has NEVER done a ride before.  By about 1/2 way, I think she realized what she had gotten herself into.  As Kellie and I laughed every time Maggie got in trouble!  ROFL  This poor kid had 5 sponsors!  Someone was ALWAYS telling her something!  But by golly, she hung like a champ!   (and turned around and did it again on Friday) So for a young girl who has NEVER done a ride ~ Cheers Maggie, you just racked up 100 miles without blinking an eye!  (OK with all that sand, I am sure she blinked once or twice! lol)

Tuesday was absolutely stunning!  Riding along the AuSable River.  Wow the views!  Of course that was the day I left the camera at the trailer!  DUH!!!  If you're planning on doing a day up at Shore to Shore, I would recommend this one!

Wed and Thursday were NEVER ending!  It was hot both days, and by Thursday everyone in our group was feeling the riggers of this adventure!  Every one of us had something hurting a little.  Kellie was a trooper, as she was hurting before she started.  My knee was killing me, but only when I posted, or stopping and starting! lol...

Friday was nice, although a lot of  road riding.

I just want to say thanks to everyone that helped crew for our “TEAM” (or GROUP, as they called us at every Vcheck.... “GROUP, you have 10 minutes!” lol).  We couldn't have done it without you!!!    Mike, Ronnie, Scott, Susie, Tim, Adam, Eric, Donnie and Jamie, YOU'RE ALL AWESOME!  We all owe you big time!  And to our rig movers.... Sandy (also our chef... Can you believe it) and Kirk!  Your irreplaceable!  (hey, good cheap help is hard to find!)  Boy, if you're going to plan a 5 day ride and plan on having more than 1 horse/rider team.... You end up BEGGING everyone you know!

I especially want to thank my family and best friends for enduring with me!  Cheryl, Kellie, Robert, Mom, Maggie... It was an honor (and privilege) to ride with you and to accomplish our goal TOGETHER!  NEVER leaving one another even when we could have.  We all made the decision to ride as a GROUP and by golly, we started as a group and we ended as a GROUP.  We all had our moments, and only TRUE friends can overlook you moments of weakness and stay beside you till the end!  I LOVE YOU ALL!

Just a little advice if you're allergic to bees (like I am), make sure to ride in a group that is going to take a HIT for you!  Kellie got stung twice, Mike (our crew) was stung 8 times, rescuing our things and Robert was stung twice as well.  SCARY STUFF.  When someone hollers “BEES," you tend to just kick in the over drive.  As I sit here trying to remember, (rofl) Wed. was the ONLY day we didn't encounter bees.  On this trail, don't ride alone if you have an epi-pen in your pouch!  ROFL  All seriousness, I owe you all one! (OK, maybe 10 or 100)

To the Vet staff, Helpers, Wayne.  THANK YOU.  To our horses (the real heroes), Sanegor, Dusty, Shark and Savage, Kais and Dodger too, your the cream of the crop in our eyes, and we love you!  They deserve the rest they now receive!  I think it amazed ALL of us, how these horses started pulling our arms off and at the end, was STILL pulling our arms off and after 250 miles, man... I am SO proud of our horses!

On a good note, Savage actually met a few folks he liked! (ROFL)  Barney it was nice to finally meet you and Savage says hay(eg)!  And to little Adam, you can be my personal groom ANYTIME!  (while Savage was at the end of the rope with Adam, he was actually WELL BEHAVED!  WOW!  Never thought I would say that!)

Kellie, Cheryl, Rob, Julie, Maggie.... We can now sing our “SHORE TO SHORE SONG," even louder!!!!
Shore to Shore, here we come!  Shore to Shore we're FINALLY done!!! (rofl)

Until next time,
Follow that impossible dream!  It can happen!
Love and thanks to ALL!
Jinnifer Plummer