Re: [RC] Water Tank Repair - Sisu West Ranch

If you have a good propane torch, about a half a pound of 50 50 tin lead solder, and some acid flux you can fix the leak.  empty the tank.  Clean off the goop, Take abrasive paper or a wheel on an electric drill and clean off any and all rust in the area.  Flux with acid flux, use the propane torch and solder up the leaking seam.  This will be a perminant repair.  30 years ago I put a hole in a stock tank when chipping ice.  Repaired by solder, the tank was still in use when I sold the place this spring.

Ed
Ed and Wendy Hauser
Sisu West
2994 Mittower Road