[RC] whack em?? - jennifer a berger

Even if the horse reared up backwards and I survive , my answer to the problem would not be to whack him between the ears.  You are creating a whole new set of problems, one being very head shy and always afraid of being "whacked".   A man once gave me advice on stopping my horse,  he said that I should tie my horse to a post with a bridle on, then raise the bit to the highest hole on the bridle for three hours,  do this with each side then at the same time for a total of nine hours.  This whacking between the ears sounds like the same kind of advice.  Way to wreck a horse.  Dont get me wrong, I have used a crop on a horse, but wisely, never near there head always near my stirrup and never to leave a mark of any kind just a reminder that it is there.  Every horse is different, I have one horse that I would never ever use a crop and I have one that just needs to know it is there.  I have never met one that needs to be whacked over thehead.  I would never leave a knot on a horse from any kind of training technique.