Re: [RC] Rearing (slightly OT) - Maryanne Stroud Gabbani

Hmm. In my experience the horses are usually easier than kids. <G> 16 year old girls though get over it faster than boys do. I wonder if it's a male/female thing because I've only had colts to start and they are usually like intelligent 15 year old boys who have the car keys dangled in front of them. Both my boys were delighted to get to go out for walks with the "big guys", but once out spent so much time gawking at everything you could walk them into a tree. In another 3 years I should be starting a filly and it will be interesting to see the differences. I noticed the male/female thing when the boys were little because my first foal was an Arab mule filly and she was SO much smarter from the beginning in terms of self preservation than any of the boys. The boys always have had this air of witless cheerfulness about them....they are smart but slower to figure out how to use their brains to THEIR advantage.

Maryanne
Cairo