[RC] Rearing (slightly OT) - Lra1222

Hi all. I am working with a 4 year old Arab gelding who has had 2 years of
"professional training." He behaves really well for a while, then acts, well,
FOUR, and then is good again. He was trained for hunter pleasure, then got 7
months off, and I have been working him for about a month now. He is EXTREMELY
smart- when he learns he can't get away with one thing, he tries something
else. OK, so down to the problem-- his new evasive tactic is rearing-- which I
HATE!! I can deal with bucking and spinning, which he also tries occasionally,
but not rearing. I don't want him to fall over on top of me, ya know?! I have
checked saddle fit, teeth, etc. and can't find anything that may be causing
pain. I really think he is just acting his age! I just want to find out how to
stop the rearing before one or both of us gets hurt! Any ideas? He is not my
horse, but I do work him 3-4 times a week. I try to vary the routine so that he
doesn't get bored, hoping that will help with the problem. He has reared about
4-5 times now, and I am sick of it. As far as trying to keep him moving
forward, I try- he will slam on the brakes just to rear and spin. AUGGGHHH!
Okay, this is long enough, just trying to give some background info. Thanks in
advance for your help-- ya'll are a wealth of info, so I figured someone would
have an idea!!!

Lindsey M21756
?Ûiÿü0Áéݺ¶§qéÞ·ö?³ûi¸¬rè­?Ù¥F'^q©©?Ƭz»âqêwn­©Üx×­?Ûiÿü0Áéݺ¶§qéÞ´?ߢ¹?¶*'>?bs
â±ÉZ?g«?Ûiÿü0Áéݺ¶§qéÞ·ôbuç??®nÇ+?·¿R{.nÇ+?·¡¶Úÿ
0zwn­©Üzw­þ¸?yƦ§ùh??Ú²?buâè?§u?y&?