From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Gabi (Ra'anana
Farm)
Sent: Friday, August 15, 2003 12:08 PM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] cube food

Recently in israel they have started to sell cube food, compressed cubes of alfalfa that replace hey and grain alltogether. they suggest feeding 1,5% of the horse body weight per day per horse. It saves a lot on storage space and labor. I wonder how good it is for the horse, will they get bored without hey to nibble on? will they need more often teeth rasping? will they shit less? (that is good that means less labor and less wheelbarrows to push, but then again will the horse be with empty stumic, not enough roughage in the system?more colic? The cube food company claims it takes the horse 1,5 hour to finish his meal because the cubes are so compressed it takes them time to chew them up.

I would like to hear from your experience.

also, they sell it here for $17.80 per 55 pound bag(23 kilo), how much does
it cost in the states?

thanks already

gabi(israel)