[RC] Eastern High Sierra - Typef

Dear RideCampers:

I'm attending the Eastern High Sierra 30 for the first time this year. It's my first ride of the year (even though I planned one for January, February, March, April, May ... you get the picture) and it's my first attempt with my new horse, Tank, whom I have just purchased from Katey and Brett Gies in Twin Falls, Idaho. After having a frustrating year being injured three times with two very independent horses, one a wiley Mustang whom I completed two 25's on last year and the other a 12-year-old (TWO-year-old mentality) rescued Arabian mare, I decided to opt out of the patience mode and find myself a reliable mount. And I found him! Had to fly from California to Idaho to do it, but what the hey ... I had a nice trip and met some REALLY wonderful people to boot! I plan on keeping Katey and Brett friends for life. AND ... my friends the Kirkpatricks in Lodi hooked me up with their friends the Danns in Eagle, Idaho and these very nice people called me up and offered to BRING me my horse since they were coming here the next week to babysit grandkids. Every day I'm totally amazed at how wonderfully special endurance people are.

Anyway, my point ... look me up if you're there and say HI! It's always nice to put a face to the great people we communicate with on a daily basis. So you can find us, Tank is a very flea-bitten grey with a bloody shoulder in the middle of the right side of his back, and my license plate says MNTE WLF, in honor of my father's 1970's endurance mount Monte Wolfe (whose picture is on the inside of the trailer door ... can't tell I'm proud of him!). White Circle J slant-load with 1979 maroon pickup. I'll be the overweight dirty blonde with long ponytail. And you can't miss my husband  ... 6'5" with a blonde-grey natural afro.

I can't wait to get there. It's been a LONG year!!!

:) Jackie (and Tank, who'll be running the show since he's the one with experience)