Re: [RC] Problem Child - DESERTRYDR1

What I have found is that a good rider can always find a horse to ride if
they want.  I have been somewhat horseless several times, the first being when
my
first mare (and at the time, only) was pregnant.  I convinced my
brother-in-law that I could make some improvements inn the training of his
horse, that he
was having some problems with.  He sent her to me for three months, and I had
a great time with her and made some improvements that he really liked.  He
later sent me his two year old colt to start.

When my second mare tore her suspensory this spring, I made a deal with a guy
I knew to ride his horse, get it conditioned for an LD and take it to one so
he could sell the horse.  Unfortunately, the guy was my ex-boyfriend and he
thought certain privileges came with the deal, so it didn't work out for very
long, but I did get to ride the horse for about a month, took him to my
dressage
instructor for a couple of lessons and could have sold it for him if he
hadn't let his hormones get the best of him.  The joke is on him, he still has
the
horse.

I board at a place that has WAY too many horses for the number of people that
actually ride, and the gal that owns them will let me ride any of them,
because she knows I will take good care of them, and try to improve on their
training or experience in some way.

Offer to ride someone's horse in a way that will be of benefit to the owner,
like trail riding an arena horse, or anything that is within your capabilities
that the horse does do, or doesn't do well.  Offer to ride someone's second
horse to keep it conditioned for them.  That way the owner gets a benefit.  jeri