From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Jon.Linderman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, August 04, 2003 7:52 PM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] drooling?

My gelding has started some rather copious drooling the past week.  Thought of lots of ideas like clover or possibly a tooth issue & vet will come take a look thursday.  hes not shy at the bit & doesn't show any obvious pain.  no smell like an infection or swelling that I can see/feel.   thin liquidy drool.  doesn't toss his head or avoid bit & no other behavior issues, save being a mix of saddlebred & arab (LOL!).  he doesn't show any loss of appetite or unwillngness to work either. drooly whether working with a bit or an s-hack.  eats ravenously when riding and drinks fine.

its been quite wet and our fields have grown alot keeping me on the mower more than last year.  grass has been pretty green and lush all summer.  yes we have clover (white) on the bottom pasture, but none on the upper hill & they generally spend 1/2 day on each.  our hay (when they get it) right now is first cutting grass/timothy/alfalfa but is much more mature & stemy than usual with the rainy weather.

no changes in feed or supplemets.  any other suggestions???

jon