[RC] [Guest] Drooling, and Ford/Chevy truck trannies - Ridecamp Moderator

Laura Tichenor tichenor@xxxxxxxxxx
Drooling? It is the white clover for sure. I do not have much in my pasture, but my gelding seems to be finding it every now and then. Nasty all the drooling. It is the same as you described. It is called the white clover slobbers. It doesn't bother him, and he acts like he isn't drooling. Weird. I spot spray the white clover every now and then. It has a tendency to take over in a pasture.

Trucks, I know the discussion has been about the Ford's. But I have an '02 Chevy with the 8.1L, HD, 4x4, AND the Allison transmission. This is one of the main reasons I bought this truck. The transimission. The transmission is a very, very important part of a truck. Hauls great, and the 5 speed Allison tranny is THE best, or at least I think so. Once you haul with it you will never want another tranny in your truck. You can get a diesel engine from Chevy / GMC also, a duramax. I have the gas engine, but have test driven the diesel, I just chose the gas to purchase. Runs very well. The 5 speed transmission shifts effortlessly, you can barely feel it shift, that is one fast truck too with that big of an engine. When you go down hill you can touch the brakes, and it will down shift, and not fly down the hill. The transmission seems to have a mind of it's own. But in a good way. It is taking care of the engine.

Another truck opinion. Consider the transmission in a truck before buying.

Laura in the hot/humid South - still.