[RC] Where oh where????????????? - Maggie Mieske

Ok ridecampers,
Next month starts the countdown to the day I graduate with my teaching degree...ok, it'll take 2 1/2, maybe 3 years if I add another minor to my degree so it's not a pressing question...but
I want to live somewhere I can RIDE all year long.  Somewhere I can compete at least once a month (within a day's drive maybe up to 18 hours away).  I don't care if it gets cold and even if it snows a LITTLE as long as I have decent trails available and can ride as often as I'd like to.  We've talked about the west mostly....AZ or NM.  But boy, those snake stories are NOT cool!!!! :)  And it's pretty far from family.  What do you think about "middle" southern states???? (The snakes sound scary there, too.)  The job market for my degree is going to be best in CA, AZ, NM and FL...high school English/Spanish teacher with English as a Second Language maybe.  I would definitely be coming home to Michigan to ride my summer rides and keep managing the Wolverine (they'll have to pry that away from my cold dead fingers!).  :)  This is all "someday" musings but once I start school, the course will be in motion and I have some definite plans on my "to do before I die" list.  :)  So, send me your recommendations and suggestions.  In the coming years (while I'm still in school), I will be wanting to travel to some of these areas and try out the rides and see the sights and meet the people.  :)  (Do you really think I just want to RIDE at Big South Fork?? ).  :)
Thanks bunches for any input!!  :)
Miles of smiles,
Maggie