Sent: Friday, July 25, 2003 11:04 AM
Subject: [RC] More Eating Oak Trees

Thanks guys and gals.......I have wrapped the trees......as best I can.  I have even put my portable corrals around the biggest trees.....One young horse got the wire off a tree and scratched her legs up....The hay net sounds like a good new idea, even though they actually have a lot of shade. Most of my oaks have at least a 6' trunk circum. and  at least a 12' canopy.  My pines are all over 20' tall and offer a lot of shade...

I can't help but think there's some mineral they need more of when it's that hot????
I will add that they chew with an incredible amount of aggressiveness, like nothing I have seen in them.....maybe they are just pissed off because it's hot!