From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Jeannie Gillen
Sent: Friday, July 25, 2003 9:13 AM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; Heidi Smith
Subject: [RC] Eating Oak Trees

My horses are chewing the bark off my oak trees in this unusual heat wave we are having........Living on 20 acres with oaks and pines abundant.....they never chew, unless the temp goes above 95, which the last 2 weeks, it has been daily.
With that, they have been very aggressively eating my trees.....I give them extra minerals and salt...loose....
To No Avail......any thoughts will be appreciated.....