[RC] 100s vs 25s Both - Larry Miller

Personally, I would not be ashamed to walk up and get a 1000 mile medallion  by doing 25s.  Miles are miles folks.  If one kept a horse sound for 100s and got the 1000 mile medallion yea!  If one got a 1000 mile medallion by doing 25s yea!  Both had to be smart riders to keep the horse sound to go to ride after ride.  Both are horsepeople who knew THEIR game.  But I think 25s should be treated differently from 50s etc, in order to keep the crazies in line.  Medallions should be differentiated from each other by having a 1000 mile medallion for those who do 25s, and a 1000 mile medallion for those who do 50s and 100s.  Those who can still do 50s and 100s should not look down their noses at those who can only manage 25s.  Most 25 milers are smart riders so give them credit.  It is true that 50s and 100s train harder and have accomplished more, but that does not take away from those who do 25s successfully.  But on the other hand, I have seen some pretty stupid folks run 50s or 100s on horses that have not been trained for them.  Some are some of you responding who now know better!!  i won't name names but I crewed for one of you once and helped get the horse thru the ride!  So don't act like 50 or 100 milers are smarter than the rest, It aint so.  There are raped apes in every aspect of our sport, there are those that we all would like to tromp to the ground while we are yelling "treat your horse better'   'do your training better'.  Most learn from their mistakes and go on to become very good endurance riders.  There are some who don't learn until they hurt the horse.  Even then they don't learn.  I am watching one right now in MI.  Oh yeah, the horse is lame.
And endurance isn't the only distance sport free of the crazies either.  I have seen it in competitive.  And I would like to add, what goes around comes around.  In over 30 years of this sport, the same observations, the same complaints, the same raped apes, the same skinny horses, the same unconditioned horses, the same stupid riders pop up over and over again.  We are smarter now but the same crap goes on that went on in the 70s!  Joe, Roger, I, and others just speak our minds now instead of gritting our teeth and muttering 'dumb, dumb, dumb!  LOL jeanie
Are you reading this Scott?  Get it in your brain and digest it before you hurt your horse!!