[RC] FW: Blazing new Trails. - Steph Teeter

----- Original Message -----
From: Steph Teeter
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: civilandbuilding@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, July 21, 2003 10:29 AM
Subject: FW: Blazing new Trails.

John, I'm forwarding your message to Ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx - the endurance
email list. Good luck!

Steph
www.endurance.net
=======================

-----Original Message-----
From: john brodie [mailto:civilandbuilding@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, July 14, 2003 3:16 AM
To: morrocco.arabians@xxxxxxxxxx; press@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; steph@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Blazing new Trails.

Hi Guys !!
Just letting you know what's happening "down under." This is unique to say
the least.
I'm looking to raise the money to put the 2000 mile Stage 1 together in
principle.
Also looking Internationally for a Major Investor as a Joint-Venture
Partner.
While ever I can find positive, focused people - it will happen.
Best regards,
John R. Brodie. JP.
Director & Architect,
Australia's Horse Highway & Trail project.
================

ABN 50 665 965 218.
THE  LONGEST  RIDE  CORP.

Australia?s Horse Highway & Trails network .

Suite 2, 3 Silvester Street, Redcliffe. 4020. Australia.  Phone: + 61 7 3880
3661.
Email ? thelongestride@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

? SEE   AUSTRALIA   BY   HORSE ?

This project represents the greatest tourist income opportunity in Australia
?s history ? for a single mainland facility.  The trail-using market in the
Northern Hemisphere is massive.

The proposal is to build the longest, most diversified, wilderness Horse
Trail network in the World.  Stage 1 is planned for Queensland as a $34m
national prototype to access four major Airports along the way ? Cairns,
Rockhampton, Brisbane and Toowoomba.

How did the Horse Highway proposal develop?

It came about as a result of my inclination to ride Australia?s Bicentennial
National Trail (BNT) and produce a documentary of the adventure.  I found
that the BNT Association had been in poverty for 12 years. They were
struggling to keep the Trail open.

I then proposed a publicity promotion for them based on an International
Teams Event with 5 Countries, TV production and the injection of VIP?s and
Celebrities. It took 3 months to put together in principle. However,
research into the BNT over that period proved its limitations as a horse
trail. It is designed and maintained as a minimum use Heritage Trail.

Much of the BNT in Queensland runs through private property and they do not
like horse groups.  Much of the Trail in New South Wales and Victoria runs
through sensitive wilderness areas and they do not like horse groups. More
than 80% of the BNT has no campsite facilities at all and the BNT
Association presides over the Trail with a minimum use policy restricting
campsite numbers to 6 or 8 people. It makes a mockery of the international
promotion.

We are a leading horse nation in the World but have no national horse trail.
So, Australia?s Horse Highway & Trails network was born - with the marketing
strategy ? ?See Australia by Horse.?  The 2 concepts have excited many
people in the Northern Hemisphere. The size of the northern trails market is
in excess of 200 million. Our expected share and income potential is also
massive.

The national Horse Highway and trails project would not displace the
Bicentennial National Trail - quite the opposite. The Horse Highway and
trails is like the supermarket. It is designed to attract large numbers of
people and that clientele will feed many horse trail and other businesses.
It can financially support the longevity of the Bicentennial National Trail.

Australia?s Horse Highway network will run from Cairns in tropical
Queensland, 6000 kilometers to the back of Melbourne in Victoria and a
further 6000 kilometers across the spectacular, Great Australian Bight to
Albany in Western Australia. It will be the longest and greatest horse trail
network in the World.

1
One aim of The Longest Ride Corp. would be to promote the leisure Equestrian
and Pony Club industry throughout Australia.  Nothing in our history could
achieve more in this direction.  It would filter down through the many
service industries, down to those farmers growing the fodder.

THE  MARKET  SIZE  &  RURAL  BUSINESS  POSSIBILITIES.

This is the greatest tourist income opportunity in our history.  The number
of bicycle riders, hikers and animal riders who frequently use trails in the
Northern Hemisphere is over 200 million.  In the USA alone there are 22m
horse riders (5m belong to trail clubs), 84m bicycle riders and 73m hikers.
The international leisure ride market is estimated at 140 million and the
Asian market is additional. Endurance riding is another user of a trail such
as the one proposed here.

Australia is a ?safe haven? and the only ?class? venue in the Southern
Hemisphere.  A top quality facility (like this Horse Highway & Trails) would
take advantage of this huge northern market - particularly through their
long winter months. They have no alternative at present.

The Horse Highway & Trails will have top quality campsite facilities each
day?s ride ?
and that is the key.

Campsites can be used by hikers and bicycle riders, as well as horse riders.
This is a chance for Rural Renewal on a large scale ? in so many rural
communities down the trail.

Then there is the expansion value that the concept has for Government
Departments both State and Federal - like Parks & Wildlife ? Tourism ? Local
Government ? Regional Development ? Forestry ? Primary Industry ? Sport &
Recreation etc.

Everyone will benefit from the capacity of this project.  It is the catalyst
that State and Federal Governments have been seeking for years, as a means
of justifying the large-scale injection of funding into the rural
communities behind the coastal urban strip.

HOW DO WE BUILD IT.

It will be a Joint-Venture.  State and Federal Governments 25% each and 50%
Corporate funding of the ?in principle? design budget, to achieve an
Approved Project on paper. The ?approved project? status is our means of
selling Joint-Venture construction and ownership interest.

This Part 1 of the Project is a ?not-for-profit? venture.

We will fund the construction largely through Private Enterprise.  The
project will be broken down into small components and funded individually.
It will also be a Community Involvement Project of major proportion in the
construction process, in each City and Shire Council area.

The proposed Trails Network will be the first in the World to offer the
huge, International horse riding market a genuine, large scale facility of
its own.  It will encourage horse riding as the great, major out-door
recreation that it is.  Horse riding exercises the whole body.

Much of the Trail construction work can be achieved with volunteer labour
and Media support.   The "Clean up Australia" campaign is an example of what
we can do, if we put our mind to it. Unemployment is high along the proposed
Horse Highway and we would tap into that.

2
There would be nothing like it anywhere in the World.  It would be our
biggest, mainland tourist attraction, perhaps comparable to the Great
Barrier Reef, as an income earner.

REGIONAL  ADVANTAGES .

·         the Trails would include a host of rural towns and villages, as an
integrated part of the network.
·         campsites in and near towns give users access to fresh supplies,
reducing the need to carry food.
·         the Trails increase tourism in the towns and give them a chance to
develop tourism.
·         the trail network gives towns & villages a common medium through
which to advertise, worldwide.
·         it represents a unique income opportunity by which to stimulate
business and employment.
·         It creates a large number of new business enterprises in support.

The Horse Highway will have the capably to cater to a variety of income
earning uses :-

·         National & International endurance rides, competitions & other
promotions.
·         National & International Trail or Riding Club Camps.
·         Corporate & Organizational bush bonding camps.
·         Horse & rider training, bush craft training & family bonding
camps.
·         Pleasure, adventure, fossicking, nature, sketching, art or
photographic rides.
·         Capacity to carry film crews, television crews & back-up support
crews.
·        The reintroduction of horse drawn vehicles.

BUSINESS  DEVELOPMENT  OPPORTUNITIES :-

·        saddlery, horse packs and horse gear maintenance.
·        camping gear, packs, tents, eating gear, sleeping bags - supply and
hire.
·        trail clothing supply
·        ?Horse Highway & Trails?  T-shirts and merchandising manufacture
and sales.
·        ?See Australia by Horse? ? merchandising manufacture and sale.
·        other tourist merchandising ? promoted by the towns and villages.
·        bicycle hire and repair.
·        the transportation of horse and equipment between Ranger Stations.
·        the manufacture of horse drawn vehicles and harness manufacture
·        the maintenance of horse drawn vehicles.
·        the trade from running modern covered wagon trains.
·        black smithing and horse shoe manufacture.
·        a range of other transportation and associated infrastructure.
·        Airline packages and bus transportation.
·        Veterinary supplies and attendance.
·        Ranger Station facilities and staff in each Shire.

We will undertake a National Publicity Campaign to inform the community of
the project in detail.  Public meetings will be held in participating
Council areas and locals will be invited to contribute to the project
establishment.  The local communities will be invited to select a trails
network that best serves their community and guidelines will be provided to
them for this.

The Horse Highway & Trails will be a viable business, sustained by the
growth benefits aimed at the Regional Areas along it and by the huge
international horse riding market to support it - currently untapped.  This
is rural Australia that welcomes a Horse Highway & Trails network.

3
PROJECT  FUNDING.  In brief.

·        We are invited to do a video Study Tour of Trails in both the USA
and England. This will provide the best information ever collected on trail
design and management. It will also provide TV quality videos for local and
overseas advertising and promotion.
·        We have been offered assistance in both the USA and England.
·        The establishment in principle of Stage I in Queensland will
provide us on paper with a ?Government approved project.?  This part of the
project is a not-for-profit venture.
·        Much of the 18 month, $270,000 budget for this can be filled by
in-kind Sponsorship.
·        State and Federal Governments will support equally with Corporate
enterprise ? but grants are only available for some types of equipment.
·        The Queensland Government will pay for a formal Feasibility Study.

However, to achieve such support, we first must attract the commitment of a
Major Investor.

·        The construction cost for Stage 1 is estimated at $34 million.
·        This will be reduced by local Councils offering plant and equipment
free of charge for the establishment of campsites and trail identification
·        The supplier of the ablution blocks will offer a part sponsorship
·        We will encourage much community involvement in the establishment
of the trail system in each area ? as volunteer labour.
·        State & Federal Governments will also support the establishment
process

If we attract a Major Investor, other Investors and Sponsors have indicated
considerable support.

PROJECT SUPPORT TEAM.

The Queensland Government is represented by :-

·         State Development,          Mr. Steve Mill, Executive Director,
Regional Development.
·         Tourism.                            Ms. Jan Bimrose, Director
Tourism Development.
·        Parks & Wildlife,               Mr. Mike Harris, Manager -
Management Co-ordination.

Private advice :-

·        Ms Jennifer Gilbertson - an International Endurance Ride Champion
and equestrienne
·         Ms Gitta Seidel ? expert on trails, published trails & equestrian
author & photographer
·         Ms Anne Jones ? Secretary Queensland Endurance Riders Association
·         Ms Ann Macbeth ? International Business Woman of the Year ? listed
in Who?s Who.

Campsite Design Team :-

COATES PRESTIGE (ablution units) - Mr. Garry Miller, North Australia
Manager. (07) 3271 4132.
DAVEY ENGINEERING (feed dispensers) ? Mr. Denis Davey, Managing Director.
(07) 4634 7767.
WATERPAC AUSTRALIA (sewer treatment) ? Mr. Allan Pettigrew, Chief Executive.
(07) 5546 9833.
ENERGEX - Mr. Graeme Lederhose, Production Manager, Solar & Alternative
Energy. (07) 3407 6166.
MINES & ENERGY Department, Mr. Alistair Pilbeam, Senior Program Manager.
(07) 3224 8240.

John R. Brodie. JP.  Project Director & Architect..

4