Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2003 4:35 PM
Subject: [RC] High headedness

.<snip>

I school all my horses in the roundpen, and I use long reins, surcingles, and do ground driving. I had a good trainer teach me a method that was very similar to the one Karen described, however we snapped the reins to the snaffle bit rings. Each movement of the horse, causes a little gentle downward tug, and the horse rewards themselves by giving.

<snip>

yours,

 Beth, and

 Summer (but don't we canter chest first?)