[RC] bitless bridle vs Hackamore - Betty Demar Mueller

Lori:

You are paying the bill on being taught dressage.  Stick to your guns and insist on using the bitless bridle.  Put one on your head and do the gentle pull with the reins one at a time and you'll see how there is no misunderstanding about wanting that turn or stop (2 reins for the stop).  I used to use bits of various types; but being in endurance.....one wants to be able to control the horse gently and also allow that critter to eat and drink easily during long rides.  The bitless bridle does all of the above (I am talking about the figure 8 bridles) as are found in Running Bear Farm: http://www.runningbear.com/ or 800-533-BEAR.

Betty DeMar Mueller, Equine Artist