Re: [Guest] [RC] Lameness Problems, long - Stephanie E Caldwell

For both of these horses, it sounds like they're reacting to and
compensating for pain, rather than a true neurologic disease process.

That's my feel from Star, too. I might be more inclined towards neuro
problems if she hadn't had an accident and came up lame afterwards. It's not
a noticeable lameness, but I could feel it from the day she fell on.

I think both of them would benefit from a good equine massage therapist
working on them

I have an appointment with a Chiro/Massage Therapist for August 5th.

Hell, if I owned either of these horses, I'd have them hooked up to a
PENS unit so fast, it'd make your head spin.

Where can I buy one and how do I use it? My vet estimates a considerable
amount of money in rehab expenses between the Chiro and Adequan/Legends
injections and other stuff that I can't remember right now. Anything that
will make this go faster is worth investing in right now. Star's stall bound
for 6 weeks, and she's going crazy on me. She gets hand walked for 1 hour
daily (30 min AM&PM) and grazed for 30 min in the PM, but she's not doing
well.

BTW, is there any calming supplements that affect Bute? Star's on Bute and
Tagament (ulcer prevention, with her history of ulcers) for the next week to
give her some relief from the pain, can I give her Valerian on top of it to
calm her down? I'm to the point of handwalking in a bridle, and it's only
going to get worse.

Thanks,
Steph