Re: [RC] A note to you from Nancy Elliot - sandy . l . holder

From: "Lori & Rick Stewart" <rkld.stewart@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [RC]   IntNewsGroup: A note to you from Nancy Elliot

Lori & Rick,

Last year was my first year doing endurance on my own horse, an arab rescue at that.  I still remember coming into the first vet check.  My horse had been EXTREMELY nervous from before the start (and we started at the end of the pack) and all the way into the check.  He was shaking (which scared me to no end because I thought it was colic).  When we came into the vet check, we immediately walked over to Nancy to have him looked out (still shaking).  She assessed him completely, finally looking at me and saying: "he's all A's, just very nervous - buy YOU need some electrolytes!".  I still remember how compassionate and caring she was. . . to this day.

My wonderful Tally has learned his job, and in his second season doing the 25 at Oakland Hills (a couple of weeks ago), we were blessed with the Horse Excellence Award.  Believe me, he's come a long way. . . but I still remember our very first time . . . . and Nancy.

Please pass along to her that I'd be willing to crew for her wherever/whenever she might need it.  She's a special person and our thoughts and prayers are with her during this very difficult time.

Sandy + Tally