[RC] Rascal epm clear for now :} supplements? - Laurie Durgin

Vet just called with results of his post treatment spinal tap(which took two days to get and the entire needle had to go in down to the tip,hardiest one he'd ever done, vet said)..
Weak positve on the Western blot.(which will test positive for a long time or maybe forever ,once they have had it. And Negative on the CNR. So I can start working him slowly, (especially here in 80%+ humidity and mud /rain almost daily.) and just watch for any signs of relapse. Which seems to be the first couple of months.
He has a slight gait aberration in his right rear.This could be permanent nerve damage. But this also could go away as other nerves could grow and take over in the next year.We'll see. No muscle wasting , thank heavens or other signs. I will start just riding at a walk, and use ground poles, and circles, figure 8's etc. And I will only ride short rides in beginning, 10-15 min. and work up> i have been warned not to fatigue him at this stage.Then I will add some trotting in ring and see how he does, whether he has balance problems or anything.
I have him on msn, 8,000 E, some selenium, fastrac, beta carotene. Had red cell, but a lot of epm said its inflammatory I should "lose 'that.
Any nutritionists/ vets or people who know about immune deficiencies know what supplements work or not and what. I don't like to throw money into the poop pile, but what should he maybe stay on permanantly or would help?Or should I just use this stuff till it runs out then let it go (except aI am going to keep him on at least vit. E 4000+ He has a mainly hay /beet pulp, bit of grain diet.
Laurie/Rascal/Honey/Scout