[RC] Hidalgo movie - rides2far

O'Reilly is an American of Irish descent  He became
a Mujahaddin in Afghanistan and is now a devout Moslem.

My gosh that's depressing. What *is* the world coming to? So what we have
is a broody Irishman who no longer drinks. I'm curious, how does he
accept the concept of female longriders and stay true to his beliefs?
This is all getting too complicated for my tastes.  Can a person drop out
of the Longriders after they join...or are they killed by the others?

Of course, we'll be branded total idiots for not figuring out that
stories 100 years old weren't true, but Al Jazeera will broadcast with a
straight face a government spokesman who claims American forces are
nowhere near Bagdad while American soldiers are practically waving "Hi
Mom" over his shoulder on screen.

I read the Hidalgo piece on the Longrider's site. It would have been
easier to sympathize with them if their tone hadn't been so venemous. You
wondered why so fanatical in their obsession with not just exposing a
bullshooter, but the hatred the author seemed to have for Hopkins. I was
a bit amused at the pedestal he put Buffallo Bill on since most of what I
read about him elsewhere described him more like Hopkins did. Looks like
the author has a personal bone to pick.   I'm no big fan of Disney in
general...but it's pretty hard to see a dog in this fight I want to pull
for.

Angie