From: Dana B.
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2003 9:05 AM
Subject: [RC] Saddle - best value & comfort?

Hi Karen,

A year ago I could have shown you two horses with definite white spots directly caused by the SS as verified by an impression pad.  I have very narrow horses with prominant withers and spine, and no amount of Skito shims and such helped.  I even tried spending less time on the back and more in two-point, which only caused a white spot to form on the side of the withers where the too-large front forked rocked.  After testing the SS on a variety of horses using the Port Lewis Impression Pad, the treeless did fine on well sprung horses but not those with prominant spines.

I now use an Advantage Saddle made for my horses, which I love.  IMO it is balanced much better than the SS.  The white spots are gone and the horses are much happier and move extremely well (they are gaited).  I love my SS and use it for starting my babies, but it did not work at all in regular riding over distance with my horses, and they had the white spots to prove it.

Dana

Karen wrote:
I have yet to see a horse that is regularly ridden
in a sport saddle, with any kind of white patches or spots on the back....

ddbpaso@xxxxxxxxx