[RC] Travel tips for Hwy. Five, Calif - beth glover

Hi Ridecampers in California. We've been doing Hwy. 5 a lot, and just came down from the bay area this week, with plans of going up next week to Tevis.

If you are traveling on Hwy Five, we had a very good experience at the Apricot Inn, if you need lunch, or a meal or snack. The Chevron station next to that is horrible, horrible  because of severe crowding, and the Mc Donalds is, as always, horrible. There is a major line at the bathroom with 2 stalls for 10,000 women. But the Apricot Inn has very fast service, very very very good apricot pie, and quick and easy bathrooms. I also noted that they have a space close to there, that would be suitable for unloading a tired horse, a nice big flat dirt lot of maybe an acre or more, adjacent to a field, that one or two big rigs were parked in. So if you wanted to give your horse a break, that is a safe place to get them out of the trailer. The Apricot inn, also has apricot trees all around, and the fruit was falling all on the ground so we picked a couple for snacks.

If you come to Buttonwillow, and get all excited because they have a new Starbucks and you need some  nice coffee...keep on going. They have incredibly slow service, and my husband got large cappuchinos, and they put in about 1 or 2 ounces of coffee, the rest was foam.  It was a blatant rip off and we were pissed , but it was almost midnight, so hell with it, keep driving. (And they want tips...hmmpf)We would have been better to go to Carls juniors and got the plain ole Joe.

Safe driving

Beth

Add photos to your messages with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*. =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Ridecamp is a service of Endurance Net, http://www.endurance.net. Information, Policy, Disclaimer: http://www.endurance.net/Ridecamp Subscribe/Unsubscribe http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/logon.asp Ride Long and Ride Safe!! =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=