[RC] Riders in the area of Boiling Springs (?) NC, near Charlotte... - Maryanne Stroud Gabbani

A young French/Egyptian friend of mine is going to be living and working in North Carolina next year. She is 22 years old, fluent in English, and nuts about horses. She went to primary school with my kids in Alexandria and I had the pleasure of being her English teacher. Mona is an utterly delightful, patient, kind individual and a genuine pleasure to be around. When she was about 13, our family (including my two mares) moved from Cairo to Alexandria, leaving Mona bereft of equine companionship, as she'd learned to ride on Nimbus and was madly in love with her. I ran into boarding problems a couple of months along and I sent Nim back to Alexandria to keep Mona company for a year. She took very good care of her and I got her back in A-1 shape.

Mona just got back from Bordeaux this weekend and insisted on coming to see her old buddy. I told her that I would ask if there were any horse people in the neighbourhood of the town in which she would be living next year. If you need someone to help out around the barn, to crew at an endurance ride, to volunteer at CTR or endurance, whatever...please drop me a line on how she can contact you. I'm sure that both of you will enjoy the experience.

Maryanne Stroud Gabbani
Cairo, Egypt
www.ratbusters.net
www.alsorat.com
"Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans." John Lennon