[RC] Sonny - Annie George

Hi Karen, I am the one that built and donated the award saddle that Carol and Sonny won. I specifically donated the saddle for the 'horse that went the most miles that was still fit to continue.' I arrived at the last nights camp with the saddle that was to be presented at the award breakfast a couple of days later.  I was asked for my input on who I thought should win the saddle. I had not been on the ride, and knew nothing about anything that had went on. So I asked Dave to point out  the horses that were in top contention, 5 or 6 horses I think it was.  I simply went around and looked at them all. In their pens or tied. I looked them all over  and spent a few min with each horse just 'visiting with the horse'  There was no question whatsoever about the horse that looked the best to me.  It seems imposable  but 'not a hair turned' not a bump. lump or sad eye!' nothing-nada-zip! Just lean and unbelievably fit!   A few other people that had been on the ride, were asked to pass on this and it was totally unanimous. Sonny.    Annie G.
Anne George Saddlery  www.vtc.net/~ageorge