[RC] The Original Question of the Day.... - DVeritas

    There will be days when after having prepared the horse, the spouse, the tack, the maps, the sitters, the truck, the trailer and all things necessary for experiencing a wonderful "endurance experience," when the horse steps out of the trailer at basecamp and, for whatever reason,  he/she can't go that day.
    Or, it rains.  Hard.
    Or, it snow and temperatures fall.
    Or the sun bakes the trail and the salt along the XP gets into scrape below the fetlock and the Duck runs up on you on his farting dirt bike as you turn a corner through the sagebrush and announces, "Frank you really frightened me....I wish you would announce you're coming around the corner next time!"
    Or, for no apparent reason, a horse dies.   Or a horse fractures a limb.
    I read all the emails, everyday about how hard this sport is on horses, on marriages, on trucks, on tack, on vets, on riders with disabilities (real and imagined)....now, "how old should a child be before he/she is allowed to ride at an AERC sanctioned event?"
    My God, I'm thinking maybe 35 would be a good age.
    But, I'm probably wrong.
     ----Frank