Re: [RC] splash! - Jon . Linderman

My July-born loves to paw at almost every stream crossing & prefers, at
least this year, to drink from the tanks,buckets, & muck tubs in camp
rather than on the trail.  I know his splashing can be disturbing so I try
not to let him do it with other horses during competition, but will let him
do it by himself.  He also seems to poop in the stream, very annoying, but
fortunately only when my wife is with me on pleasure rides.  Thank God he
hasn't soiled any streams in competition (yet!)..........how embarassing.
A friends horse does the whole head dunk in lakes and occasionally in a
deep tank.

Jon

                     Ed Kilpatrick

                     <whytrotfarms@xxxxxxx        To:
ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                     om>                          cc:

                     Sent by:                     Subject:  [RC]   splash!

                     ridecamp-owner@xxxxxx

                     durance.net

                     06/26/2003 08:35 AM

my dad is an old cracker cowboy from okeechobee county, florida.  all my
life i can remember  he said that horses born in the month of may paw the
water more than others.  dont know if there is anything to it, i am sure
other horses do it too.  just one of those old sayings that got started
somehow.      ed