[RC] Weight divisions - quick stats - Jon . Linderman

I always enjoy discussions on weight and while the boys were eating their grain I grabbed the latest issue of EN & a calculator.  I know those of you who've been around can point to finishes of specifc rides, but here are some statistics on the 41 rides of 50 miles or more in the June EN.  These rides are from east to west north to south & I made no corrections, etc for weather, elevation, etc.  I'll leave it to you to interpret & I'll make gentlemans wager that it won't change dramatically in July.  Here goes.

Top 5 placings:
Junior 3%
FW 34%
LW 34%
MW 20%
HW 11%

Wins:
Junior 2%
FW 37%
LW 27%
MW 27%
HW 7%

BC:
Junior 0%
FW 27%
LW 34%
MW 20%
HW 20%

I know that the higher % of HW riders winning BC (8/41) than winning events (7%) or top-5 placings (11%) ought to invoke some interesting comments.

My philosophy is like what the World of Outlaws sprint cars used to say; "run whatcha brung" and in our case that goes for horse & rider.
Jon
buç??¬jÇ«¾'¡ñ'vêÚ?Ç?zØm¶?ÿà ?Û«jw?ëH?ú+?«b¢sè?'2+?¨¦z¸m¶?ÿà ?Û«jw?ëF'^q©©Jæìr¸?{õ'²æìr¸?zm§ÿðçvêÚ?ǧzßë?×?jj??(?«)F'^.?àjwQ?×?i÷