[RC] Winding Stair (u know ur n truble) - Darolyn Butler-dial

From: Darolyn (u know ur n truble when:)

1. Arriving at ride U unload one of your horses & he is only shod on the
front, for possibly the rockiest/toughest ride in the U.S.

2. Race begins: It takes u 2:45 to go the 1st 15 miles & ur n 1st place.
3hours for next 18 & almost 4 hours for the next 18 miles.  12 hours elasped
time.

3.  Ur in the vet check when the described lightening hits.

4.  Even though ur winning the ride, you realize that you may not make cut
off time.!

5.  Ur being escorted down the middle of a state highway by a sheriff (with
his lights going)!!!

6.  U have to convince the ride manager that "never mind what she thinks the
mileage was".... It HAD to be over 51 miles when she stopped the ride due to
weather.... More like 75

And to think I almost attempted a 100 miler here.... Actually, I've felt
better after several 100's that I can remember.

Howver, Mary & her troupe did a wonderful job of handling all those
troubles, and other than a bit of "generalized whining".... Everyone
actually had a great time.  As I told my fellow riders, "We don't do this
sport 'cause its easy!!!  Besides... these are the rides that u'll tell
stories about for a long time to come."

& Yes... I look forward to going back!!!  It's a beautiful ride & did I say
challenging?
Darolyn butler-Dial