Re: [RC] Horse won't keep weight on while working.. - Pam & Buddy's email

Do you feed beet pulp every day along with the oil or just during heavy riding?

Pam
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, June 22, 2003 9:31 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] Horse won't keep weight on while working..

FAT!  And time will help also....I believe that it takes a horse's metabolism some time to adjust to the rigors of endurance...my original distance gelding did the same thing his first year and I agonized over it.  The next year he did much better but I had also discovered feeding beet pulp and vegetable oil.  My stallion, Malik, gets 2-3 cups a day to help him maintain weight.
Miles of smiles,
Maggie