[RC] Prod Your Directors - Randy H Eiland

I think the AERC-Members List is quickly becoming an important adjunct to
AERC....it furnishes the AERC Members a place to discuss issues in a
"member's meeting type setting".  Endurance Riders have a strong
constitution and strong opinions - its great to see discussion of "hot
topics" by  both well known members and replies or additional discussion
from members who are less known - maybe the fact we are all "family"
helps each of us feel as if we can speak up on issues without being
flamed by a "guest" or an anonymous poster.  In any case, as a director I
find it refreshing to see our members speak out on current issues - it is
interesting to see what the majority feels in reference to issues.  Too
often your bod only hears from the loudest voices and their opinions are
often taken as representative of the majority opinion.  Maybe, in the
future, we can discuss issues and then this list can take polls or vote
on these hot topics.

One more thing, I don't know how many directors have subscribed to
AERC-Members List, but I think it is important for the members of this
list to e'mail your directors (regional and at large) and urge them to
SUBSCRIBE to AERC-Members.  All directors should be in tune with the AERC
Membership and this list is one way to touch base with many members who
they would not normally come in contact with.

Randy Eiland
SW Region Director