Re: [RC] Horse Age Poll - Joan Ruprecht

There were a lot of 20 and older horses doing the Cooly Ranch Ride, lots of 15 to 20 year olds also.  Your survey did not give us a chance to show this nor did it give us a chance to show that we are riding a number of horses, of varying ages.  Endurance is good for a horse, keeps it young.

Ted Joan And Kathryn Ruprecht
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, June 20, 2003 11:57 AM
Subject: [RC] Horse Age Poll

Below are the results for the horse age poll we took on our web site. Interesting is we seem to ride older horses in both LD and endurance. Here over 80% of the respodents ride horses 8 years and older with 55% 11 years and older.  The response to this was not as great as the LD poll.

What is the age of the horse you ride? (for 50+ miles, non LD)

5 (1 votes) 1.18%
6 (5 votes) 5.88%
7 (9 votes) 10.59%
8 - 10 (23 votes) 27.06%