[RC] AERC Hall of Fame/Pard'ners Award nominations needed - Michael Maul

So far - I've only received two nominations for the Pard'ners Award and none for the Hall of Fame horse/rider for the 2003 ride season.

Nominations will be accepted until August 1, 2003. The committee composed of the non-sanctioning regional directors and the present/past VP will make the selection.

Documentation in the form of letters, photos, and ride records is helpful in making our selection.

Nominations can come from any member, including yourself, for the awards. Please send them by paper mail to

Mike Maul
3400 Ave of the Arts - H120
Costa Mesa, CA 92626

or by email to mmaul@xxxxxxxxx

There must be some great horses/riders/Pard'ners out there for nomination. Please send them to me before Aug 1. That's only 6 weeks from now.

Mike
Pard'ners Award: Rider and horse perform together as a mutually bonded team. Rider and horse engender a spirit of friendship, enthusiasm and championship that makes those around them glad to have attended the ride. However competitive they may be, good sportsmanship remains their first priority. Horse and rider take care of each other. Together horse and rider personify the prevailing and abiding goal of AERC "To Finish is to Win". This award was established in honor of the late Mae Schlegel. Selection is made by nomination and announced at annual Awards Banquet. Recipient receives keepsake plaque and engraved onto perpetual trophy.

Hall of Fame: 2 categories - Equine and Member - honoring their lifetime achievements by recognizing outstanding performances or outstanding contributions to the sport or to AERC. Nominations are made by ballots submitted by members to the Hall of Fame Committee. This award is kept secret until the annual Awards Banquet.