[RC] [Guest] 2003 PAC update - Ridecamp Guest

The pieces are quickly falling together for the Pan American Championship. Here?s a brief update to answer some of your PAC questions.

Schedule: It?s in the hands of FEI, awaiting final approval. USA Equestrian will send out invitations to all endurance countries (and all who have requested one) as soon as the schedule is definite.

Early arrivals: You are welcome at the ride site for up to two weeks (National Forest rules); however, if you would like a few more creature comforts (i.e. electricity and a shower) please email Zoe Woods, jelly@xxxxxxxxx . She has a list of lodges and locations of people in town who have opened their homes and/or fields to riders.

Non-FEI horses: We?re not encouraging people to bring horses that are not selected to compete. If you choose to bring a non-FEI horse and you would like to camp with PAC competitors in your zone, your horse will need to have all the vaccines (with paperwork) that is required of the FEI horses. If not, you will be asked to camp in the separate non-FEI horse location. Another option would be to keep your horse in Trout Lake (see early arrivals) and bring it up to ride the trails after race day.

Food:

  • Food concessionaire on premises as of Monday, September 8th. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner options offered.
  • Salmon and prime rib banquet on Thursday night, September 11th, complimentary to riders, and key officials, $25 for other guests.
  • BBQ dinner on Sunday afternoon, September 14th.

 Water: Horse water will be available, in abundance, on Monday, September 8th; however, there will be water up there prior to that, it?s just that it might not be as conveniently located. Showers and portapotties will be on the grounds as of Monday, September 8th. There will be a fee for the showers.

Program: We?d like to invite all zones to profile one rider/horse (200 words and photo if possible) for us to include in the publication. We?ll be contacting the zones directly; however, if you?d like to save us a little work, feel free to contact us: Stephanie Irving at sirving@xxxxxxxxx or PO Box 200, Trout Lake, WA 98650. Rider profile deadline is July 15th. We would also like to encourage all zones/countries to purchase a half- or full-page ad ($150, $250) to showcase their team, and to help support the PAC. Ad deadline will be July 31st.

Sponsorship: You?re in luck! There?s still time to sponsor the 2003 PAC. If interested please contact Stephanie at sirving@xxxxxxxxx. A current list of our sponsors will be up on our website soon. Thanks in advance to our growing list of individual and corporate sponsors. A complete list will be up on the web shortly. Thanks in advance to Hood River Chamber of Commerce, Les Schwab, Enterprise Rent-A- Car, Endurance.net, Mountain Valley Enterprises, Professional?s Choice, Joint Juice. There are numerous others who are donating awards. That list will be in the program and on the web in a few weeks.

Raffle horse: Al Marah and Sue and Dennis Summers have donated AM Micados Race, a 3-year-old registered Arabian gelding (trained by Dory Jackson). Raffle tickets for this incredible horse are for sale through our website www.endurance.net/2003PAC or through the Summers at wildhrse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Vendors: You?re in luck, again. We still have space in our trade show. If you?d like show off your stuff to thousands of horse-enthusiasts, contact our trade show organizer Griggs Irving at griggsi@xxxxxxxxx. Current list of confirmed vendors include: EquiPedic, Inc, Animal Tacker, Hought Endurance Tack, Mountain Valley Enterprises.

Trail: The trail has been slightly re-arranged from last year to better accommodate 100 riders on the first loop. (For those who rode last year we?re combining the 1st and 2nd loops and running them backwards.)  So here?s what the loops look like at this moment:

Loop 1: 20 miles VC in camp

Loop 2: 20 miles VC out (Pipeline)

Loop 3: 21 miles VC out (King)

Loop 4: 15 miles VC out (King)

Loop 5: 11 miles VC in camp

Loop 6: 13 miles VC in camp

Volunteers: If you?d like to volunteer, now?s the time to put your name in our hat. Please contact Betty Transtrom, btranstrom@xxxxxxxxx, if you?re interested in helping out.

Money: The nearest cash machine is White Salmon, Washington (25 miles south of the ride site). We are trying to get a cash machine on site through one of our concessionaires; however, this has not been confirmed yet. Due to the remoteness of the location, some of the vendors (food and other) may not be set up to use a credit card. So, until further notice, we?re encouraging you come prepared with cash and/or travelers checks.

Ride on! See you in September.

Organizing Committee

2003 PAC