Re: [RC] spanish arabs - GoTory

Hi Ed- The March issue of Arabian Horse World had an article on Spanish
Arabian Breeders.... as the delighted owner of a 3 yr old filly who is half
Spanish
breeding, the quote in there I most loved was from Amanda Doyle of Zalea
Spanish Arabians-
"I find that an athletic horse with a trainable mind and correct body are
what drew me to the Spanish Arabian. *They have a soft soul and a kind heart
and
they give 110 percent  to each task*."
   Willow is beautiful with a solid compact body, but what is SO incredible
about her is her personality... loves everyone, very vocal, and the most
unflappable Arab I've ever been around- especially for her young age.  As a 2
yr
old, introduced to the blue tarp between poles to simulate water crossing, she
pulled the tarp out with her teeth and tossed it around her body to play with.
She drags plastic bags filled with aluminum cans and rocks, carries a
lightwgt saddle with a huge stuffed bear on it, plays with helium filled Mylar
balloons- all with curiousity and not a concern.  When I first met her, I was
actually concerned that she was TOO quiet.... decided she'd make a good kid's
horse.
As I've gotten to know her better, I have every hope she'll enjoy distance
riding and be my replacement endurance horse.  Unlike some of the others I've
known, she seems to assume things are OK and not a threat, and approaches them
to confirm that, rather than assuming things are going to eat her and wanting
to put space between them.  She's a joy to work with- very willing and smart,
and does have "the fire"- but so far it's very manageable.
   Hopefully in 2 or 3 yrs I'll have a better answer for you!  Good luck!
nikki