Re: [RC] beet pulp $$ - Heidi Smith

Gosh, Dot, that works out to $2.45 per 50#.  That's somewhere in the neighborhood of $200 per ton less than we pay for it bagged!  That would durn near pay me to drive to Nampa from up here clear across the state for a ton of it!  (I'll have to keep that in mind the next time I'm headed that direction...)

Heidi

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, May 31, 2003 7:44 PM
Subject: [RC] beet pulp $$

We live about 10 miles from Amalgamated Sugar in Nampa, Id.   Didn't buy any this year, had leftovers, but last year it was around $98 a ton, year before a little less.   Have to get it in bulk, dumped in pickup from oversize bucket loader.(They are very careful with the little trucks)  Last I heard it was still $8 for 50# at the store.

If you are anywhere near a plant it's worth it to sack it from the pickup at home.  We store it in plastic garbage cans.  Lasts a long time, unless it gets wet.