Sent: Friday, May 30, 2003 9:13 AM
Subject: [RC] new subject

Okay, LDs have been beat to death.  There is a place and reason for all kinds of riding.  But here is a problem that everyone of us whether we think so or not are going to face.  GETTING OLD!  I am on the young side of getting old but boy have I discovered that my fears of falling off have increased.  Especially with the new kid on the block.  So how are YOU going to face getting old with all the fears that come with age?  I am fine on my old tried and trusty steeds, no matter how much they spin or drop to the ground spook.  But the young horse starting out?  Different story.  So far, I just keep plugging away, deep breaths, lots of loud singing or talking (very easy for me), and slowly but surely the young horse and I are becoming a team and are learning to trust each other.  But it aint easy.  LOL Jeanie