Re: [RC] LD BC?? - Merryben

In a message dated 5/29/2003 6:25:35 PM Central Daylight Time, lindym007@xxxxxxxxx writes:

There is a way to fix the LD BC and the problems, but
does AERC want to make a change.

A lot of us do but it just isn't ever going to happen in my opinion.    There are a lot of LD riders who just want to do LD and that is fine.  There are a lot of them who are incensed that most of the rides in the west refuse to give BC to the "top ten".  I just don't see this ever being resolved to everyone's satisfaction.  In my experience the last couple of years, I have seen the most overridden horses on the LD ride.  This is not always the case but has happened way too much.  When I am ride secretary and finish line timing, the LD riders are the ones who are most concerned about their placing and being sure you know they "won" the ride.