[RC] Hind legs filling - RNBianchi

I am new to endurance but not new to horses and competitive riding (used to
show and do Eventing).  In February I bought a six year old Spanish Arabian
that is quite big (15.3 - 16 hands) long legged, with the brain of about a
three year old. He has a very calm nature and is very sensible in most
instances.  I bought him from a teenager that had him since he was two, but
was so afraid of him that she really did nothing with him (I think he spent
at least two years in a pasture).  Anyway, my problem is that even though
I've started him slowly his hind legs fill at night after being worked.  If
I wrap him they don't fill.  If I work him one day, give him the next day
off but don't wrap him by the third day his legs are filled again.  He lives
in a 24 by 24 foot stall, but he has a lazy nature so I'm not sure how much
he uses the space.

I really like this horse (nope not true I'm already in love with this horse)
but if he isn't going to be able to do endurance rides I'll need to sell him
on.  Has anyone had a successful endurance horse that needs to be wrapped at
night? I have no idea whether she wormed this horse regularly or not.  Could
this be part of the problem even though he is on a regular worming schedule
now?  I did have the horse vetted before I bought him but we didn't do
x-rays. Perhaps he'd be better off as a hunter or Eventing prospect - he
certainly has the build, temperament, and mind for it. Advise and opinions
are welcome.
Thanks,
Becky Bianchi