[RC] sweepstakes - Angela and Ron Lewis

Just thought I would put my two cents in for what it is worth regarding the sweepstakes program.  Originally I was told that owning a 1/2 arab horse that was sweepstakes that they only had to compete against other 1/2 arabs for sweepstakes money in endurance.  This is not true per AHA.  They told me today that I would have to compete against all sweepstakes horses full or half arabs.  Another thing I was misinformed about is that you only had to compete against sweepstakes horses for money and if you were the 5th horse in but the 1st sweepstakes horse you got the championship money of $1,000 at a regional ride again I was told today that is not correct that if you don't come in top 5 you DON'T get any money. That is you come in 2nd you would get the reserve money of $500 and NO ONE would get the Champion money.  And if no sweepstakes horses come in top 5 they don't pay any money.  I don't agree with these rules as why should we pay money to sweepstakes our horses and have to compete against all horses in the ride for the money.  We should only compete against horses that are sweepstakes nominated.  Especially since the money isn't that great considering that at the National shows they are getting 10,000 for 1st place.  Oh well just wanted to vent.  Angela