[RC] Neurological diseases? Vets/ informed anyone? - Laurie Durgin

??? First.
What other diseases/disorders can cause neurological symptoms /particularity one sided lamness/hig rotation, pivoting abnormalities, perhaps some front end stumbling(besides EPM).That do not have "sickness" symptoms.(appetite,etc. fine, no drainages, fever,etc. noted, unless my son missed it and it was short term the week I wasn't caring for the horses.?????

The reason I am asking. Rascal is on the Marquis,and suppliments. My farrier came out (who always is right and always has the opposite opnion about anything, makes us craxy ,but he is good afarrier and we like him> He only thinks his vet is good, says ours is for the "common people".I trotted R. for him,yes he stumbled twice in a circle, but ;grass was wet.? He says he didn't see anything.(I really didn't see much either).His feet had been a bit long when vet saw him. Course he isn't up on EPM, says they never recover , may as well lturn him out or shoot him.(Many have recovered I've found)
Daughter came home today with here trainer/breeder I told him what farrier said. He said he had a horse who had it and she would only show symptoms, stumbling etc. 2 days out of 7.Said it can come and go. He thinks I should had a tap done to rule out other things. Told him I already spent 800$ on meds/exam and was going to wait till end of Marquis then tap. He said "What if it's something else ,rarer, and you don't get him treated for that? 'So I am a ping pong ball about this .
Talked with my husband, he said ,lets rule out what it can't be. West Nile, Rhino,. . ./ ?
Because he wasn't sick. No vaccines given since last July.Has not left the property since last Nov.Except our trails around here. No horse contact. # ponies came here in Feb. for a Month. Our horses did seem to get a 'cold" about a week after they were here, nasal discaharge for a couple days (ponies had all shots)2 left in March, 1 stayed.Our Tb came home March 5 from trainers barn. No noted health problems. RAscal was DXed the 13th. My vet is 'absolutely sure" he has it.Says he has treated alot of it. No we didn't run blood tests/he said a waste as 90% of horses in Se would test pos. (been exposed sometime).Told me about the tap, but didn't Push it",(I was in shock by then so I didn't pay close attention.Difficulty I think in getting uncontiminated, risks, chance of faulse readcings ,something like that. I've been researching as much as I can, tests aren't necessarily conclusive it seems.

So what else could cause these kinds of symptoms. I forgot , a brain tumor? Anything else?
Thanks , Laurie