[RC] More Biltmore - And some humor - Stagg_Newman

Is true that I slowed down knowing that would help others get their
certificate.  But should also point out that John Crandell, III
(for those who do not know John, he is the only person
to have won the OD 100 4 times!) taught me that there
is no point in trying to win by a large margin.  Just make
sure you finish with a sound horse.

So once the pair that I was riding with, Samantha on Zeke,
had the misfortune to be pulled because of lameness at 85 miles,
it was  also in my horse's interest to slow down so he would
finish fresh, particularly since the Biltmore ride was a
prep ride for the Old Dominion.    Must admit I was surprised
when the next folks came less than 10 minutes behind me
as thought I had a slightly more comfortable lead.

The humorous part of the ride alone was when I had to
go past the sobriety check point that the cops had set up
to check all the kids going to the prom party at Deerfield.
Here I come along with on a horse with glow sticks on the
breastplate.  Was expecting them to test me.

And then at couple points on the trail the rock music from the prom
was coming through loud and clear.  Super decided
that signalled very wild dangerous animals ahead.
(and he was probably right - teenagers!).  So I actually
got off and led him for a short ways until he recovered his
boldness.  Actually I think he was having fun at my expense.

information.  If you are not the addressee or authorized to
receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy,
disclose or take any action based on this message or any
information herein.  If you have received this message in
error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail
and delete this message.  Thank you for your cooperation.